Wednesday, May 7, 2008

DJ Hits

Some quick hits from the Caribbean.

Guadeloupe was a much better meet this year. Weather held up and saw some impressive runs out there. Ivory Williams was impressive. Told me he will run 9.9 tomorrow.

Martinique is windy. Hopefully at the stadium the weather is a little better since we are some 30km away.

9.76. From some eyewitness accounts it was windy. Long Jump was happening at the same time and the women had negative winds in excess of 2m. The long jump goes opposite of the 100, on the same side. FloJo esque. Makes more sense to me. I have no problem admitting this performance is hard for me to rationalize. It is either that good, or it was windy. I will refrain from the X-File conspiracies.

You ever have to control your temper against your will? I do. I know it sounds a little elementary, I mean when else would you have to control your temper except against your will. But I am sitting around a person I just want to curse and slap. Oh well, this is what grown ups do. Trust in the Lord and behave.

Back to reality... can you believe there are more players in the hurdles! LOL

Looks like rain, but it always looks like rain out here.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

yes, it was windy. but there were negative winds over 2 meters in the lj as well as slightly under. so 1.8 is definitely plausible. as for the time...he sure as hell looked like he was that much in front of everyone else so if you believe their times, you gotta take his too because he blew them away!