Friday, April 24, 2009

Not really in the mood

I have not been able to blog. Not because I am at a loss for words but because the things I want to write about I do not need to blog about. Kind of a different writers block. My inspiration is flawed, my intent skewed, and my message deluded.
So why am I writing now? Just to write. In the next few words you will not find in depth writing, or well constructed arguments, rather I will just write until it is time to hit the publish button, OR as I have done many times before just delete what I do not want and post some edited version that the world will never know about lol.
I laugh a lot, it breaks the tension and gives structure to my words, but in the world of the Internet this is not always a good thing. People's interpretation of your words are reality, no matter what your intent or voice. I suggest you write, "I am being sarcastic" to make things clear, and even then folks will believe what they want.
Recently I had to take a moment to gather myself as I found myself under attack from a coward. Rightly or wrongly I post a lot on message boards, one in particular. It is no secret who I am and I post accordingly. Well as you can imagine things can get heated when one is sharing their opinion about others. I am no stranger to controversy, used to it, sometimes goad it on. Every once in a while I find myself under attack from the grassy knoll/clock tower. Normally I accept it as part of the game, but this time I was disturbed. The board keeper and a few posters seemed to be in cahoots and that gave me pause. When the issue became my personal life I took offense and I was rebuffed. Granted the coward had his facts skewed but it is clear it is someone that knows me personally, and that is upsetting. I am past it all now, kind of, I tend to hold grudges, but it was so foul it caught my attention.
On the other side of reality Penn and Drake are tomorrow and I am excited. I have three hurdlers running in Drake, the first time I have had anyone run at Drake. I will know a lot by Monday about where we all are.
Ryan won Mt SAC in 13.45. Kai dropped 13.68 which is a tenth off his pr so we are looking good. He looks even better because it cost him his hair. Check out my or his facebook page to see the new Kai. Jonathan went to Dakar and ran in a wind storm. Glad he got some chips for that trip because it was a waste. This weekend should give us a far better idea of what he is capable of. Candice is opening up this weekend, but this will not be any indication of what she will do this summer.
So now I will go to the track and sit back and watch some track. Those bloggers of you and twitters keep me posted.
Shout out to my man Jay Hicks and the crew at PreRaceJitters. They are doing a great job.
If you have not heard it check out Tasha's interview with Dwain this Wednesday, http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tashadanvers. It was a great interview and you will have all your questions answered.
Well looks like the publish button is calling me. See you all on the circuit soon, run fast and compete well, I am always watching.

No comments: