Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Random as usual

In this world of instant gratification we have found twitter the new fix. We can even combine the various social media such as facebook and twitter. Apparently android can this and more! Amazing. Making friends has never been impersonal! lol However, I am not here to bash the soundbite habits of this new Pepsi generation but rather the ridiculous notion that the caricatures created by people are real and true.
Twitter wars are the dumbest things I have ever seen. The arguments are hilarious. I try to remind people, twitter is not real! Just a bunch of people letting their alter egos run wild. Very few would ever live their twitterafterdark tweets LOL.
Now I will say it is a terrific medium for party announcements and the such. Event alerts are terrific.

Meanwhile Lebron James is on the verge of signing with the Miami Heat, and judging by the last tweet I just received via ESPN someone finally broke the news. So that will give Dwayne Wade Bosh and LeBron to chase his second and their first. My opinion about their chances will lie in who else they sign. Those three alone do not strike me as Celtic, Magic, nor Lakers beaters. Bosh is a jump shooting PF/C which leaves them soft in the middle. And James and Wade both create from their ability to drive to the basket, which begs the question who sits on the outside for the drive and kick? And they are saying Lebron will be the 2 rather than the PG. that is yet to be seen but the styles don't mesh well as I am looking at it.

Lausanne is tomorrow also. Pause... Props to David Oliver (see his blog on the side) and his coach Brooks Johnson (www.spikesandflats.com) for tying the AR in the 110HH, 12.90. Job well done fellas.
OK so Lausanne is tomorrow and Usain Bolt has switched from the 200 to the 100 to protect his irritated achilles. I will be on my computer and phone tough trying to keep up with the results, as usual. If I am lucky I will find a computer and watch the meet. Fingers crossed. Ryan is lined up next to the WRH, Dayron Robles, should be a good race. Looking for Ryan to drop soon, but it depends on how he handles his jet lag this trip.

OK it is late and I am sleepy...

No comments: