Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Refs!!!

Charles Barkley said it right, the refs are struggling. People like to pigeonhole me on this topic as if I am a blind Lakers supporter or Kobe backer. I am clearly a Lakers fan and a Kobe fan. However, when I say the refs suck I am talking both conferences and all throughout the playoffs. George Karl said it best, there is a lack of consistency.
Example, Denver beats on the Lakers for three quarters, at least on Kobe, then all of a sudden it is the fourth quarter and they start blowing the whistle left and right. This type of inconsistency is happening throughout the playoffs. It throws the rhythm of the game off and keeps the players guessing at what is going on.
As a Lakers fan I am too well versed on the non calls, such as the hip push, which seems to have become an acceptable defensive move but was an instant call in the Jordan days. If you think Kobe shoots a lot of free throws now just think if they called the hip push.

HOWEVER, I am enjoying the competitiveness of the playoffs. There are good games and high drama. Teams are battling to the wire and not giving up. This is what conference finals should look like.

At this time I would like to give a shout out to my man Robby Hughes, the die hard Lakers fan living out there amongst the enemy. I know you are keeping them honest Robbie. And to my favorite Nuggets fan out there in Florida, sorry we have to do it to you. LOL

No comments: