Sunday, June 22, 2008

DJ Battle time!

The week is here. It is now or never. Talk about pressure. I have been waiting for this for three weeks now. Nothing is right, nothing is perfect, but that is what makes it so special. That question about your ability to get er dun! I ask this question of myself everyday, and it is the very question that drives me, thrills me, and pushes me.

This weekend I saw my wife return to action and it was less than anticipated. Now we could mope about it but for what? She has been on the mend, and this was a test run, a run to get her back in the swing of things and let us know where we are. We now know. Just as we did last summer we go to work, getting ready for her nationals and the Games. Mentally she is good and that is all I need.
Tyrone Edgar has announced himself as the new kid on the British sprint scene. I knew he would run this fast when I first talked to him and watched him run, but of course, thinking it and doing it is 2 different things. 10.20 into a 1.8 is a serious run. He then was the star of his relay team, staking a claim to second leg. We do not know where he will be used in Beijing but we will be on the track. The kid is good, and he will be a name to talk about by the time August comes. Makes me feel good because he has risen up through the ranks and not been the child star, just a hard worker that has all the tools.
Asafa Powell returned to action, 9.96. Welcome back.
Darrel Brown ran into Richard Thompson and fell down. WHAT?! Inexcusable in a 100.
D.O. dropped me another 13.10. I see you D.O. I see you. Keep running, I like you and your coach. D.O. has laid down the gauntlet.
Side note, how come Asafa and Usain are selling us that their national champs is not a showdown? Let us have 2 9.7x sprinters, Eugene would be the OK Corral. We create warriors, who are never afraid to battle.
Hey Tyson, what are you going to run this weekend? I will ask your coach. I need a 9.7x so these jock riders can recognize why you possess the gold.
Oh and just in case folks out there think I am selling out my own, never. I expect certain folks to step up and realize their true potential, and I will tell them as much. ;)
Welcome back Torri! 10.94 is right on time, literally. She chose a different approach this year and it is paying off. Talk about someone that earned their keep, you guys have no idea.
Doc Patton holding it down for the elders!
Which one of the young guns will step up?
More soon, I will post a couple of blogs this week.

Congrats to the UK team for finishing first and third at European Cup this weekend. Now UK women take up a collection for breaking my woman's camera and phone in the celebration. That stuff was beyond our budget!!!!! Grr...
It is hot as hell in LA this weekend, 100+, I love it!

No comments: