Saturday, June 14, 2008

DJ says

Wow!

12.87! Blame D.O. he titled his blog that and Robles took it literally. As well we all should. What an amazing couple of weeks in track.
Bolt shatters all preconceived notions of what it takes to be a good 100m sprinter.
Jelimo runs 1:54.99, the first sub 1:55 in over a decade.
And Robles drops us 12.87 form the sky.

Now we are cooking with Crisco. With trials a few weeks away the heat is rising. I am watching the NCAA meet and the semi final produces 13.25, 13.29, and 13.39. From 1998 to 2003 that 13.39 would have won. The final did not live up to the hype but it was nice. 13.40 by junior Jason Richardson was a nice victory. I am disappointed Craddock was unable to compete (hurt hip), he would have added an interesting element to that final. Good job JRich.

Is Walter Dix as talented as hyped?

Richard Thompson looked promising. Lots of tools and an upside.

I cannot wait for trials, I need to get on the road, it is a break form reality for me, fun is what most people call it. I need some fun. The smell of victory, the emotion of making the team, the thrill of success! If you cannot feel that you are dead.

I am coming to see you all in Oregon, good luck to everyone, even those in the events I coach. There are three spots, I just require one. ;-D

No comments: