Sunday, October 26, 2008

DJ - House music

I am reading all these blogs, and talking to folks, and all the medalists are running around the world glad handing and whatnot. It is great to read. My friends call and ask what I am doing, and how I feel, etc. Well wishers of course, and then I have to educate them, I am the coach. I get all the blame and little credit. LOL It is the mantra of all coaches, and we revel in it.
See, as much as, I would like to be with Tasha smiling and interviewing I realize that is the husband in me not the coach. The coach is the guy that stood there smiling as she jogged her victory lap. The coach is the guy that kept it light while we waited for final call. The coach is the guy that has already written all the training sessions from now through New Years. More importantly, coach is the guy that is always here when you need him. And that makes this coach smile.

So to all you athletes, mine and others, day one is quickly approaching. Clean up your eating, get some sleep, and by all means, ANSWER THE PHONE WHEN YOU SEE MY NAME ON THE CALLER ID!

No comments: