Sunday, November 2, 2008

DJ BDay Shout outs!

It is my birthday tomorrow, November 3rd, and I decided to give on this blog on my day. A few folks and what they mean to me on my day.

Mom and Dad! without you there is no me. The obvious. But it has been the other stuff that I thankful, the stuff that makes them who they are and enabled them to stay together their whole lives without any major hiccups. My mom was 16 when she had me, got married 2 years later and they have never blinked! 36 years and the rock of the family.

My brothers. Daimar and Dion. Just because those are my bro's. We are years apart so we never had the brotherly connection that most have but I will kill you over them, do not get confused. LOL

Martin Beck. I miss you man. He is not dead, just been living in Houston for about ten years now. Married with child, who would have thunk it lol!

Tasha D. My chick. My athlete. My medalists. She holds a special place that would take too many words to explain. And yes, I will kill you over her too. I have her back through thick and thin for better or worse, I got her in all her ways not just the good stuff. And I am not afraid to let her know it. She needs something I am there.

Jaden, Ricky, Aysia. This is what love is about. No bells and whistles. As long as I am alive they love me. As long as I live I will love them. Hurt them in anyway and I will hunt you for the rest of your days. Seriously.


Ryan, Kenny, Jonathan, Tasha (second shout). Thank you for trusting me to help make your dreams a reality. Thank you for believing in me when you had very little reason to.

To my other athletes. Same as above, but had to shout out the OG's above.

john Smith. Uncle John or just John to me. Saw the potential in me when I was out of track and thinking about corporate life. Probably the dumbest decision I ever made but you know what, I have been to every major continent on this earth and have yet to buy my own ticket!!! Thank you John for making my dreams come true.

Maurice Greene. That was a fun ride.

Mike Powell. My boy for life. Hated him for beating Carl in 1991 when I was still a Carl fan, but a little knowledge will change your thinking. MP is my man for whatever I need.

Allen Johnson. Wished I had coached you, but man it was fun watching you do your thing

Marie jose Perec. La Gazelle.

Lloyd Cowan. Mr. Hustle.

Terrence Trammell. Thanks for being real and honest.

God. If I have to explain you are living in denial.

Dave Collins. Flew me everywhere for every meet the last three years. lol Believed in what I had to say to pick Tasha for the Olympics this year.

John Trower. See Dave Collins.

Tomorrow I will be 38. Nice. See growing up it was all about 2000, and the end of days. We are all supposed to be dead. LOL I used to wonder what it would be like to be an adult, look old, be called mister, I am still wondering LOL. I cannot believe I am 38. Let me tell you, life doe snot miraculously change. You have to change it otherwise you will look up and still be that same 20 something fool.
I will wake up tomorrow, dress myself and Jaden, drop him at school, and go to practice for the first day of training. And without an ounce of embarrassment I will miss my wife all day long. Be sure to tune into ChoiceFM (www.choicefm.com) at 10PM PST.

No comments: