Friday, November 28, 2008

Free DJ

This one will be long, so if you are a skimmer feel free.
I am bitter sweet. A long time mentor and coach finally started blogging and he is killing them with information! It is fair to say the coach is a better blogger than the athlete, lol!

I am so frustrated with the USATF process. I have been trying to go for over five years now to the convention and can never get there, it cost too damn much. Athletes do not know this because they get their trips paid for. I cannot find that vehicle for myself. Sucks! I want to be involved but will be on the outside looking in once again.
For some this is a good thing, but for me I like information and I like being informed when I do hold an opinion, which I always have. Just ask my wife.
If you are reading this I am telling you to vote for Stephanie Hightower for President. If you are a sprinter/hurdler you have no choice. I hate the faction war, but I know it is time for us to have a voice in power and not a backroom voice. We have plenty of behind the scenes power, that is always backed up by the collection of medals we bring home every year.
Read this http://blog.spikesandflats.com/. These blogs speak directly to the criticisms and allegations floating out there.

Obama won, just in case anyone forgot. :)

The country, sorry the world is in an economic downturn, period. If you are foolish enough to think it is a US problem you are not paying attention. The exchange rate has dropped almost 60 cents to the pound.

Practice has started. Love it. Back to my reality, or is it my fantasy??? I no longer think there is a difference. The girls are doing well and learning. The guys are doing the same. And everyone is fit. Now to load them up and make them quit. LOL

This is the time of year I HATE college football, yet it remains my favorite team sport. The BCS is a joke and not having a playoff is inexcusable.

How bout dem Lakers!!! Just give us our rings already.

No comments: