Tuesday, April 8, 2008

DJ Inventory

I was coaching today and I had to step back and be that other persona, a mentor. Well I was thinking through my day and decided to take my own advice. Oh what advice was that? Being mindful of the things we store when we take inventory of ourselves. Somewhere in our DNA there seems to be a negative magnet in our personal inventory directive.
We have the uncanny ability to see, remember and hang on to all the negative things that happen in our lives while simultaneously overlooking, excusing, forgetting and dismissing the good things that happen in our lives. It is a vicious process which is ridiculously uneven. Ten great things can happen in our day, but let that one bad thing cross our path and we will instantly forget everyone of those good things.
It is time we all started hanging on to the good things and letting the bad things go. We can advise others to do all day and effectively but look in the mirror and instant failure. No words, thoughts, or affirmations will convince the person in the mirror that the world has not ended. It is funny when you think about it, but clearly something all of us have to get better at.
I am doing it now as I write. I can literally feel the negative thoughts bouncing in the box I have tried to place them in. If only I could throw the box out. As they say in church, the devil is a liar!
Do not load your storage room up with the devils toys, the negative thoughts and memories that keep you clouded and confused about who you are. Fill your mind with the good things that you see and that happen to you and in your life. It is okay to be happy, EVERYDAY. It is okay to be the inspirational one. Everyday you wake and live is a blessing. Every dollar you earn, every life you touch, every compliment you receive is something to fill your heart and mind with. Let that other stuff roll off your back and do not let it distract you from your life, which is your dream, which is your goal.

No comments: