Monday, April 7, 2008

DJ time

He works on His own time! God may not be there when we want him but he will be there on time! So much is happening in DJ's life that looks bleak that I have to operate on faith. Even when my faith is the problem, it is the only thing holding me up.
I tell you all He is always on time. The life I live is filled with expectation, and the knowledge that what me and mine pray for already is. I am telling you that this has proven to be a life changing mindset. I am not saying I walk everyday with the confidence of a mustard seed, I am saying when I question what in the world is happening in my world, I turn and force myself to live in the knowledge that God has already done it for me. So far whenever I think this is it, IT has been success and a blessing.
Blessings are truly all around us and man they come at you from strange angles, some of them you will miss due to your own smoke screen. You will mistake your blessing for another blow to the knees, when if you just give it to him and trust that he has heard you, the blessing will pop out like a red rose on white sheets.
I have a partner in this life and she is my constant source of positivity when I am standing on my head ready to whine and cry and sing the blues. She has decided that she will remain positive through it all and I mean through it all, and it has kept me and helped me push on. Even when she has been the source of my stress and darkness, she has played the dual role of being my source of overcoming.
I believe we are made to be a tandem, and I am telling you without my partner I would be in a different place in my life. LOL That is an inside joke if ever there was one.

Six years ago I was in Saudi Arabia, coaching the national team to the Asian Games. Life was very similar for me, tragic. Yet there I was, focusing all my energy on coaching and making the guys the best they could be. Well here I am right back to the Saudi team. I walked away at the end of 2002 to stake my claim in this world. I wanted no more shadows to outrun, I struck out on my own and became the coach I am today. Now my situation is a hybrid, I am still running from those shadows but I have a flashlight now. And as of today I am repeating history, I am the Saudi Arabian national coach once again.
My boys have been longing to have me back, well now they have it. On my terms, in my country, and everyone is happy. Well, almost happy. Here we go, back in the saddle again. except this time, I have my own athletes to worry about, and I will put them first. They are my people, they are the ones that trust me the most and the ones I care about. A lot has been invested in them and just because I have secured some funds for my life does not mean I am abandoning the crew. DSports is for real and I will make sure we stand out.

I love my job. I love what this is about and what I am about. The devil tried to break me, but he failed. His attacks have come hard and furious, everyday, God is my rod and my shield. The devil does not like that. :-)

No comments: