Sunday, March 22, 2009

And so it begins

Cerritos is in the books! The weather didn't cooperate but it was workable considering the week. We went on with no break and just ran some races.
Jonathan Williams and Kai Kelley ran the 110s. A little in camp battle never hurt anyone. 13.90 in the final. It was a classic battle as they were step for step every hurdle. Both are working on things, so it was encouraging. Jonathan is out to prove I should train him in the highs more, and I am still evaluating Kai.
Tasha opened her outdoor campaign up with another 800. I am very pleased with the run considering she asked to run on Tuesday, I had no plans for her to run anything. So with a full week of training in her legs, she cranked out a 2:08.67. You can see it on her Facebook page.
Now we are on to the next week, back to training and getting ready for the summer. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, it was hard watching my Bruins go out that way. Kevin Love would have made a world of difference, damn. So I am left to wait for next year, those freshmen we have will be great. I am a little frustrated with Ben Howland sitting most of the freshman. He reminds me of Phil Jackson, they have a philosophy and they stick to it, win or lose. We have a seven footer sitting on the bench. A kid that decided between UCLA and the NBA. I guess this is Ben's way of resolving the one hitter quitter syndrome.
Maybe because I am not a Big East fan, but the tourney is not holding my attention as it usually does. I normally find a team to adopt like a Kansas, or even UNC or whoever is playing Duke. But not this year.

The IAAF is still campaigning for no false starts. Expect it to happen, they are fighting too hard for this to happen.

No comments: