Thursday, March 5, 2009

Desensitized

I am clearly a little jaded these days. Dwain is releasing his book and the UK is in an uproar. Excerpts have been released and oh yes they are eye popping, but oh well. I am not shocked. I am not appalled. I am amused, very amused. I have a different angle on the history, and a different perspective on it all I guess.
I cannot wait for his book to come out and read it. I want to know just like everyone else. I want to read the names, I would love to know the names that were redacted because they were unsubstantiated. Dwain says he can spot the abusers now. LMAO. That's a load of crap. He is jaded.
I like Dwain, I really do. He has made some stupid decisions and still proves that he has questionable judgment. He is clearly jaded and has the same things in him that allowed him to decide to follow Victor's lead. Until he shakes that weakness he will struggle to be great. The sadness is he is probably the most talented sprinter the UK has produced in 20 years.
As he correctly states in his book, he did all that drug taking and managed nothing! He did not gain a tenth of a second in truth. That race had a 2.0 wind. His 1999 bronze medal run was superior, and he was clean then. So the question becomes who was advising him through 2000 and allowed him to believe and buy into the notion that he was not good enough??? Now that pisses me off.
The young man was good, real good. He had all the makings of the British record holder, and if you doubt it just look at his performances since his return. First race back he ran 10.07. Last year he ran 10 flat. The lesson here is about perspective. It is about determining what is success.
European champs are this weekend. Dwain and Simeon will battle to the finish line to the gold. But I will be waiting for Monday. I cannot get a book, but I know there will be chunks all over the Internet. And I will be reading it all.

Meanwhile, tune into Tasha's radio show. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tashadanvers. It is fun but serious. I invite you all to call in, tune in, listen in and join in. The more the merrier.

No comments: