Saturday, February 28, 2009

A coaching eye

I realized a long time ago I see everything from a coaching perspective. Everything! Including my life and myself. Probably the source of a lot of problems, thinking things through instead of moving. Anyway, it is what I am and what i am is me.
Some people like to say you are not what you do. That doesn't apply to me. I am a coach because it is a natural fit for me. Even when I ran I thought I would be a good coach. I guess I manifested my destiny without knowing it. I should have thought I would be a good gold medalist! LOL
I would like to publicly welcome Candice Davis. We spent a year and a half playing ring around the rosey but now she is in the fold and I am pleased about this development. Now common practice says I should keep it all a secret and let folks find out later but that has never made sense to me and has been a symptom of what is wrong with the sport. We always think we have to have some doggone secret. Negative. I coach Candice and I am proud of it.
Quick rundown of the DSports roster; Ryan Wilson, Bryan Scott, Tasha Danvers, Jonathan Williams, Kai Kelley, and Candice Davis. Oh and Martial MBandjock, threw in a sprinter for commercial purposes LOL.
Back to the blog. Couple of updates. I have been co hosting Tasha's radio blog shows. She has 2 of them, one is on Wednesdays and the other on Sundays. The Sunday show is every 2 weeks. Wednesday show is Tasha and the Ladies of Speed chatting it up on various subjects weekly. Show time is 1pm PST/4PM EST/ 9pm GMT. Sunday's show is geared towards the younger crowd, Tasha and varied guest will discuss life topics and track, Building on Bronze. Show time is 12pm PST/3pm EST/ 8PM GMT. All of you pass the word and tune in AND more importantly call in. The more the better. even if you do not do anything more than tune in and listen do that. It is great fun. Tomorrow will have Adrian Peck from the UK as a co host talking about the importance of communication.
I advise you to call in from your cell phones for clarity, but there is a call in button and number on the web page. Skype works too. Hope you all tune in and call in.
That was a word from our sponsor.
Lord of the Rings is great! Pick any one of the three movies.
Out of brain power, this cold is trying to run me down, literally, so let me go rest. Until the next thought hits me...

No comments: