Monday, February 16, 2009

This week in track and world

Wow. That's all that comes to mind. It is my usual lead in to what I want to say while I think about what I want to say. Wow.

NBA All star events were terrific. I listen to talk radio and I think people take themselves way too seriously sometimes. It was fun, it had entertainment, and the stars did their thing. My lasting memory is Dwight Howard hopping up to the 12 foot rim as if it was at 8 feet. I listen to the maysayers, "Oh he is 7 feet tall!" as if that makes 12 feet any closer to the ground. Let me tell you something, dunking at 12 feet is a beast. It has been the test height in the NBA for decades and very few have been able to jump that high, let alone dunk a basketball that high. He touched the rim so easily. Then dunked it off a backboard pass. And then there was the side of the backboard dunk. If you do not know please youtube it.
Meanwhile I am disgusted that Nate won. He used boosters on his last 2 dunks. Whack! his best dunk was his first one, and it was all of that! One bounce, catch, to the shoe tops, reverse flush from an 5'8" man. That was sweet.

If you are a Lakers hater or blind Lakers fan you will not feel me on this next point. Jerry Buss punked out and cost me at least 2 more ring runs. He let it get personal and traded Shaq. I am still mad about it. If you watched them play last night you see why the Big Aristotle calls them the best big man/small man duo ever. Kobe 27, Shaq 22 (in 11 minutes). I had that every week, now I am hoping the Lakers stay healthy so Kobe can lead them to the top. Pissed off about it.

On the track, Isinbayeva OPENED her season with a wr. That would be a five meter opening competition. Whatever, they have figured out, I want to know. Can you imagine opening your campaign with a wr???
Hooker goes 6 meters again.
Lolo is still dominating the spot.
Vlasic goes over 2 meters for the hundredthousandmillionth time in a row, and LOSES! The women's high jump is a very good event.
Tasha is not running Birmingham now. I am disappointed, but as I said it is indoors. No skin lost.

It rained today. It was 50 degrees. It was windy. Check out my FB page to see how we handled that. I am telling you guys it is cold out here.
See you guys out doors. I am sure there was something else I wanted to say, wait, oh I got it.

Barack is killing me right now. He made me a promise and I expect him to keep it. Partisan politics are what he sore to avoid, yet he gave one of the most partisan speeches I have ever heard. And his whack stimulus package is just that, whack. Not enough things to STIMULATE the economy, but a whole load of social programs to improve the quality of life. Just not the time for it, we are in need of specific things right now, and $75 million for anti smoking is not it.

Yup that's all for now

1 comment:

Tasha Danvers said...

THIS WEEK IN THE TRACK WORLD?
THIS WEEK IN THE TRACK WORLD 1999
http://articles.latimes.com/1999/feb/12/sports/sp-7571
BUY YOUR TICKETS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! OOOPS LOOKS LIKE U MISSED IT BY 10 YEARS...
WELCOME TO MY FLASHBACK ON TRACK!