Sunday, February 22, 2009

Just News

I come and talk so now I will just blog.

Tasha and her mum have established separate online radio shows. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/aunty-dee and http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tashadanvers. Check them out. Tasha's show is every Wednesday 9pm GMT/1pm PST. They also archive shows so if you miss it you can listen later. If you catch the shows you can call in also.

Congrats to Jet on her recent success on the track. She has taken very well to the training and has folks eyes wide open. LOL

I am still disconnected from indoors. I just can't get into it. Just straight money runs. I like seeing my people win and run well but it carries little weight when considering the big picture and winning medals.

Tasha ran indoors this year. She ran an 800. We planned for it but did not target it or train for it. Figured it was a good spot to show her face to the fans, and let the Brits know she is still a Brit and some personal promotion. All that was fine. We did not expect the expectations. Coach will take the blame for that and it will never happen again. I now know better, and I will use the information to all my athletes advantage in the future.

Tyrone Edgar took second at their European trials but has some niggles and is done for the indoor season.

To all my track people, let's all give a collective laugh to the other sports whining about the WADA whereabouts. See it is new to them, not to us. And boy you would swear someone stole their bike or something. The code is not perfect, the bugs in the system need fixing, and it will only get done if people contact the people in charge and let them know their problems. I do it religiously. And they always answer. Might not be the answer I want but I do know they are aware of my concerns and it is all documented.

Most days I feel like I am walking manifestation of Pinky and the Brain LOL. Yup, everyday I make up a plan to take over the world! And like the brain I never remember what yesterdays plan was hahahahaha. Here I come...AGAIN! :)

First time ever I will do some thing and probably the last. Here is a brief update on who I coach and how they are doing.
Ryan Wilson - training well, looking to return to form after a season of pain, literal pain.
Tasha Danvers - the bronze medalist. Adjusting to the demands, and it is an adjustment, but ran 2:12 indoors, so all is well. Now to get her back home and training
Jonathan Williams - He will set a new national record soon.
Bryan Scott - has a little rookie-itis, but some rehab and well deserved rest should solve it. Healthy he will run well
Kai Kelly - training really well. I am learning his strengths as we go since he came as a dual hurdler I have spent the time determining where I can run him. Maybe he will be the first doubler LOL
There are a few satellite athletes out here too but I will tell you about them another day. You will know their names soon enough.
What? You thought I was going to give you details or something? If you want details please come to West LA college at 10am, bring your spikes, and a commitment. ;)

Until another random thought hits me...

No comments: