Thursday, March 12, 2009

Balance

I have spent the last few months bashing the living daylights out of everything Doug Logan has done. It is only right I give him credit where it is due. I like his conclusions from the P30 report. They were logical, and sensible. I am still wondering where the money from the relay project is going and how he plans to handle the relay meets, but overall I think his recommendations were fair and promising.
We do need change and it will not be easy, I just want to ensure it is not changes based on someone's agenda, and what is best for USATF and track and field.

Athletes, get a union quick.

Kobe mania has struck! You either love him or hate him. Both sides are maniacal LOL I love him and think he is the best ever. Folks try to argue but it just is. I wish the Jordan rules were still in effect, Kobe would shoot 20 freethrows a game. LOL

Training is going well. I am pleased with everyone's progress and levels. We have a good feeling over here. Last time I felt this way I came home with a bronze medal, a medal no one expected. As my man Heavy D sang, "It's that time again!"

Dwain Chambers. Need I say more? Hahahaha. He has exposed the IAAF for who they are and they are after him with everything they have. No meets and now they are trying to ban him for what his book says. Oh but wait, Berlin has invited him to the meet. Uh oh! A chink in the armor. Only person I can remember serving a 2 year ban for 6 years while competing. LOL The European indoor champ has one meet in Europe, and may not be allowed to run at Worlds.

Here in the States we are facing a budget crisis. In Cali they are threatening to fire 9000 education employees, including 5500 teachers. Amazing.

American Idol is boring! but I like the new format with the one judges save. No more Jennifer Hudson fiascos.
ANTM needs to dump Tiffany. She runs her mouth too much and is weak and whack.
I Love Money 2 is the best reality show out. The alliance competition is dramatic and entertaining. I think it hilarious the main alliance is pissed because the others formed their own alliance and dumped one of them. Classic.
Bad Girls Club. Now the fact that this show has no other purpose than to cause drama and show that drama is enough to irritate you. But when five of the girls jumped one girl and then spent a whole night gloating about it, that was top notch reality TV. The saving grace was they sent 2 of the girls home. Sadly I must admit it felt good to watch them leave. LOL Boston was just full of it and Ailea needs to be admitted to an insane asylum.
24 is still the best. It is Jack time!
Heroes is dragging it out and killing me. I am trying to keep up but they are testing me. Never seen a show waste an hour like Heroes can.
Is there anyone as cool as Horatio on CSI Miami!

On a side note: are there any Americans at the USOC training center in Chula Vista LMAO

No comments: