Saturday, February 2, 2008

In a hurry

All indoors has done is make me want to see the outdoor season get here sooner. I cannot wait for it. I see a bunch of folks that pique my interest as their performances relate or do not relate to outdoors.

I must start with the hottest man in track and field, Dayron Robles! I am beginning to think there is no limit to this man's talent. He ran 7.36 to tie Greg Foster at number 2 on the all time list. He is big, fast, quick and young. He is more talented than Liu. He is the man to knock off this year, along with all the rest, but I know King Kong when I see him. Robles brings it all to the table and he may give us the most prolific sub 13 season ever.

Then there is the second hottest person in track and field, 'Sanna' or Susanna Kallur! She is closer to the wr than Robles now. 7.72 puts her .03 off a record no one even thinks about. I am predicting she rules the short hurdles this year. She will run in the 12.3x range and I am not sure there is anyone that will be able to run with her. She will solve that bumping issue by being too far away to be hit, as it should be.

Craig Pickering. He said do nto call him the great white hope and he will give you the death stare if you try to joke with him about it. Kid has promise but his form is terrible and will remain the limiting factor in his development.

Antwon Hicks is finally coming around a fulfilling some of that promise he showed in college. I have watched this young man through the years and I have wondered what the issue was. He clearly has the tool set.

Leonard has come around and made a successful return from double knee surgery this fall. I had my reservations about him getting back out there and racing so soon. He said he was ready and I guess he knew best. He looked good getting down that track too, I am impressed.

Obama - Clinton is being called the dream ticket now. I think not. Obama yes Hillary no. Obama has shown himself to be savvy and I suspect if he were to win the nomination Hillary is not the entity he wants as his second. She comes with too much baggage, mainly Bill. Obama would be completely overshadowed. Now conversely, it would be great if he were to lose the nomination to be the VP. Unlike Gore he would be in the prime seat to run for the office next time.

The Lakers, MY LAKERS have restored my faith in the universe! Pau Gasol was on no one's wish list and now we are the favorites out of the West and for the title. And I love it. I wish we woul have traded Odom for him but the world cannot be perfect. So I have Kobe and Pau and add a healthy Bynum and that team is as formidible as any in the NBA. To my man Robbie Hughes you have your wish, no more Kwame! LOL

I watched the 400 from JAM where Bolt and Powell ran together, there was a Kim Collins sighting in that race also. Quick takes, Bolt looked good and comfortable. He is a natural quarter miler, but I fear folks will become overly enamored with the 100 and miss his true calling. Powell looked like himself out there. I am not sure what he was doing at the start and it looked as if he had instructions to only run so far, or maybe the looking at the shoes was a cover for butt lock. He was running in his new boots, so maybe he was checking them out after running 350m. Overall I was impressed with Bolt, his performance promises big things this summer.

Did you see Adam Nelson put on a shot putting clinic? I love it, the man is in grad school and has not missed a beat. Track is so multi faceted. No other sport can match our level of performance or the brain power we bring to the game. Keep pushing Adam, you are an excellent role model.

Today, actually this morning, 5 women lost thier lives in Lane Bryant in a Chicago mall. The killer is reportedly black, about 5'9" and weighs between 230-260 pounds. How senseless can it get? At 1045 AM the last thing any of us shoul dhave to fear is a random shooter coming into a store in broad daylight and killing us or those we love. I hope they catch him and string him up on the spot. That reporter on the Golf channel might not be able to say it but I will, lynch his ass! We have reached a sad day in our lives folks, be careful out there.

No comments: