Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sleep deprivation

I am tired. And that means I am irritable. Bad situation for me to be in and spend 8 hours dealing with complaining customers. Whew!
You name it and I am tired from it. Need to sleep but too stressed to sleep. All I want to do is be at the track all day but it is the weekend and there is no track to be at. So I sit here talking about track all night. Man I need a hobby!

Money is the root of all evil. Now whoever wrote that I am sure died of stress rooted in the pursuit of money. LOL What I have learned in my short and stressed life is my belief that money is not that important is true. However, the need for money cannot be ignored. Peter Pan is not coming through the window to take us to Neverneverland, and we damn sure do not have any ruby slippers to click together three times and whisper, "There's no place like home." Life is such a hard grind sometimes because what you think will resolve your problems is not the solution at all. Money is not the solution. What money enables us to do is focus on the real things of our lives that drive us. This is why people say more money more problems.
They spend their time pursuing money and not addressing the real issues or problems. So you get more money and you multiple the problems you had when you had less money. Here is the trick, no matter how much money you do or do not have you should be about resolving the issues of your life. That way when money comes you can actually enjoy it.

So as I sit here fighting my eyelids and deciding whether or not I am going to sleep tonight (really I do think like this), I am left wondering what this season will bring. My head is always on track, it is my blessing. Keeps my heart light and gives my thoughts purpose. Makes a bit of social dweeb sometimes but I overcome that with my sloth like wit, and flat water demeanor. Hahahahaha! You have to watch me though, I have my moments, and I can be a bit of a cad. LOL

Oh I almost forgot. I have a three year old, His name is Jaden. He is the boss. Everyone loves him. He has been talking in complete sentences for 2 years now. He can pick up the hook of a song in one listen. He can sing it whenever the mood hits him. Leave him alone for a time period and he will make up his own songs. I love him. He is his mother and that is a good thing. They sing and dance together, they laugh together, and I love watching them create. I love my family. Jaden is a master at combining concepts also. If you tell him it is bedtime because the sun is down, he will turn right around and tell you then it is your bedtime too because the sun is down. None of those parent tricks work on him. And oh yes, he is quick to tell you no with a full scowl on his face. Get mad at him and his feelings are intensely hurt, and he cries because his feelings are hurt not because you are mad. LOL Jaden is all about Jaden and I want to make sure he stays that way, sometimes you have to put yourself first, right.

Ok sleep is coming and I still have not finished negotiating the terms of our deal. I am secretly hoping I lose this negotiation but so far sleep has not been able to argue me down.

No comments: