Friday, February 8, 2008

Super Tuesday

Barack Obama is making history and no one is talking about it! This is an excellent thing. See he is a black man in case you have been living under a rock on that block of ice we used to call Pluto. He is running for the number one office in the world, the Presidency of the USA. And he is looking good not only for the DNC nomination but for the office itself.
Now a few years back we would be talking about death threats and racism and the like. Thank God those days are behind us. Instead I get to watch informative debates about real issues like foreign policy, domestic policy, etc. It is a pleasant departure from the usual political banter we have lived through the last 16 years. I am proud to be an American right now.

Dayron Robles! This man is a freight train. He is jogging 7.4s and just ran 2 of the top three times in history, IN THE SAME WEEK! We are only in February and he is starting exactly where he left off. I fully expect him to run 12.9 at will. Makes me excited. I cannot wait for the summer. In the meantime, much respect to the young man, he is a real talent.

Gasol and Kobe combine for 66 points and 19 rebounds. I have not been excited about my Lakers since we gave Shaq away. And now Shaq is back in conference! Wow! is all I can say.

So training was great this week despite my fatigue and lack of energy. Wre had a time trial on Thursday and the results were absolutely on pace with what we are aiming towards. What I liked the most as a coach was the time was less than indicative of the feeling the athletes had. They ran exactly what was asked of them without feeling fresh and at their best. Who needs indoors! LOL
My quartermilers are off to test the waters some more tomorrow. If they do not run 46 low they may as well stay where they are.
The future of my life is forever in flux, not a bad flux, just flux. I am in the midst of making changes and it is refreshing. On the track my athletes trust me and believe in the things I preach, this is all that matters. I am coming. Never one to adopt the ideal situations, I have always had to make my way, and I am on my way. Look for me at a track near you.

No comments: