Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Here I come

So the clouds are lifting on my head today, it took a little while, kind of like a June morning where the sun does not break through until 1PM. So I am able to write with a little more light in my words than I had yesterday. So what shall I talk about? And for those wondering this is my mind at play, free to roam as it does all day long. I do not know why I cannot say these things, but I sure do think them. The funny thing is if you asked me to about something specific i would get writers block and it would never happen! But let me just sit at the keyboard and type and you will get a masterpiece out of me eventually.

So below I answered a question about how to spin this drug crap. That question is a complicated answer. Not so in difficult, rather complicated in parts and levels. There is grassroots approach. There is the media. There is the elite level athlete. There is the world, and then there is the domestic audience. All these pieces have their own answer. And I have not touched on the testing procedure itself, that is a story i will link you to. I have a friend that wrote out what we thought would be a comprehensive testing program that will be tougher on those that want to return also. Not enough time or focus to write all of that right now. But I think you get the drift.

So i was browsing around and read a few other blogs of people I know. Man, how impressive. This track world has educated folks in it, believe me. I think that is why we get in so mch trouble. We think we are smarter than the system. And we for damn sure believe what we have to say and think is the law! You show me a track person and I will show you an opinion you cannot change. LOL

I want to send a shout out to Brianna Glenn and David Oliver for two very different blogs but impressive ones. Brianna keeps us abreast of her comings and goings (good luck with the knee) and David keeps us up to date on the Florida crew(s), man I did not know so many of you were down there, visiting or otherwise. And I still do not believe Robbie did 51 push ups. LOL

Here in LA we are doing something we rarely do, letting the troops out for indoors. A couple of folks will go to Boston and a few will go to Arkansas to find out if they still know how to run fast. Expectations on the coaching side are minimal, we just do not care. Expectations on the athlete side is moderate. They moreso want to get away from training and see their friends and all the stuff that comes with track meets.
I expect them to compete hard and represent themselves well. Timewise I want the clock to say healthy! We have a team to make in June, this is nothing more than a fancy practice and serves very little purpose for me. I am happy to see some races though. Fresno was dry but at least it was a meet.

No comments: