Friday, January 18, 2008

Who I am.

I am the person that wrote every word you are reading.
I am the person that decided to use my voice publicly and not keep it to myself.
I am a husband. I am a father. I am a coach. I am a mentor. I am a leader.
I am exactly who I thought I was!
I am who I am.

That being established let's talk. I learned a lesson recently. Who I am is not what I do, but what I do defines who I am. Some of you are shaking your head saying this is not true, yet I guarantee you it is very much fact. We go through this life thinking about ourselves, how we act how we talk, how we walk, and what we think of ourselves. It is a constant chatter in our heads that at times is pleasing and soothing and at other times so much noise it drives us crazy. Well guess what, who we think we are only matters if what we do shows what we think. What you do defines you to the world. It is a simple fact but I tell you when you grasp it you will stop dead in your tracks.
People argue, talk, and communicate based on what they think of themselves, right or wrong, this point of view is the determining factor of how most people act. Very few of us think about how this is interpreted by others, and we go so far as to think what others think does not matter. I submit that what others think about us is exactly what drives us through life. Yup, the more you say it does not matter the more I know it does. We recognize the ones that do not care, we admire those that do not care, in some cases idolize them. The irony is they are thinking of themselves exactly as you think of your self. Constantly self evaluating and defining according to their internal compass.

Arm chair philosophy! LOL

Quickly, this week I set the tone for myself, set the tone for my charges, and at the end of the week took a significant step in bettering my future. I discovered I knew the answer to my question for 15 years, but it was not time yet. Today was the day I connected the dots and it was only through a secondary relationship did I even come to make the contact. There is a God and He is good!

No comments: