Saturday, January 26, 2008

Text Messaging

So today my boys went out to run indoors. They wanted to know where they stood and what they could do out there. Oh yeah they want to make the indoor team too. So everything went fine, nothing spectacular out there from them, they have been training hard and heavy and the times showed as much. And then came an innocent 4x400 run. My boy goes down just past 200 and twist his ankle in the process.
Now I of the "We hate indoors!" club am less than amused by this occurrence. What are the odds one pulls in a 400 at the 200 mark? That is odd to say the least right? So now I am about the added business of getting his head back in the game and getting his body healed up for the real season. This is the extent of my anger and rant, it is the Olympic year and none of this matters to me. It is January and I have months to work with. From my boy to his competitors, see you in Indy and we will be just fine.

You ever had your day be filled with nothing and all you wanted as to be busy. I spent far too much time alone today. I feel like the sick kid that did not go to school. The walls started to close in and then I had to go to work. What's worse is I cannot do what I want to do. Phew, never thought doing nothing could be so tiresome! LOL

I am waiting now for 6Pm so i can watch the Glasgow meet which went off some 12 hours ago and I know all the results too. Yes, I am a certified track junkie. I even watched the Pregame show from Boston. It was pretty good too. The sad part was it looked just like I thought my podcast would look if I ever did more than just thought about the damn thing.
I keep writing this thing believing I am going to write the masterpiece. I mean, not that I want to be a Pulitzer winner or anything, but I try to do more than just ramble. I am full of opinions, just every time I sit to write this blog my head goes all over the map.

Oh yeah, Obama won South Carolina. The Clinton's will come out swinging for the fences now. I wish Obama and his family the best as they weather the crap the Clinton machine is going to sling at them. So far so good but with Super Tuesday coming, this is now life or death for Hillary. I think odds are she will find some more tears for the people this week too. I am happy that the country has come to see the politics finally. I grew very frustrated in the 90's with the politically game Bubba put us in. And no one noticed until now. Better late than never. Now we will see what Obama is really made of. Lord protect them all, the trial is just beginning on this thing.

Thank the heavens for text messaging. Remember all those thing you wanted to say but never had the nerve to say them out loud, well that is what text messaging is for. You ever notice you can have an hour long text conversation but only talk for 3 minutes. My wife will talk to me for an hour, if I try to call she will not answer! I will get a text that says, "What?" LMAO Most times I do not mind, she thinks I prefer it anyway. We have kind of flip flopped that way. Now I am the one that wants to talk. Some times text messages get misconstrued, the emotion and tone is lost. I have had plenty of text arguments based on a clear loss of the humor in the translation.

No comments: