Sunday, January 27, 2008

Indoor is official

Indoors is official launched. So what did we get out of it?

Defar is a monster. Need I go on? She destroyed the 2 mile record by 13 seconds.

Boston is not a sprinters paradise that is for sure. Miki looked good winning, I was somewhat impressed. Maybe the new training with Mo is paying off. DaBryan is teasing us again. I want to see what he brings come June. Every year he gives us something to get excited about and then, poof!
Anyone catch the pre-meet special online? I loved it. In depth analysis of all the events and athletes, and some interviews. Just the way I always pictured it. A back drop, a table, and some personalities to announce and talk about the meet and sport from an educated perspective. Ato did a good job.

The meet itself was ok. Always hard to get into the first indoor meet everyone looks a step slow.

Uh, Ashlee Kidd won the 200. Kudos to her. But what has Shalonda been up to? She looked exactly the same as when we last saw her competing, nothing has changed whatsoever. Arms flailing, head swinging, and very little headed in the right direction. All I have to say is call the moving vans soon.

Khadevis! I love the fact that he said he is working on his craft. He is constantly searching for the formula that will get him to the level he desires and I have a great appreciation for that. I thought it was amusing that everyone sat behind him while he sat himself. The thinking being that KD always takes it out and if I ride him then I will out kick him. That was a tactical thing, KD is clearly the fastest 800 runner in the world. If he learns to sit and kick I think we will see some more 1:43s out of him.

The hurdles were an interesting study. Like Blanton, Antwon Hicks is teasing us again. He looked good out there. I have been watching him for years and he is one of the talents that lives in anonymity. Nice to see Joel back healthy and mixing it up. but I tell you what I like the most is the big dogs were all at home training! What you do not see in the hurdles is where all the action is happening. In the most competitive event in track and field, the notion that five men under 13.02 are at home training because they know it will take prs to make this team! The US is about to enjoy the greatest era of sprint hurdling the world has seen. And that is saying a lot!

I am excited for one reason. I love the competition and I now have more energy to go out in the morning and train my troops for June and August.

No comments: