Friday, January 25, 2008

No title

So real briefly...

Politics - Obama for President. Why? While I would love to be deep and well read, I will break this down to its basics. I like the man. I think he embodies everything the country has been asking for during the past 12 years. Conservatives cried when Bubba was in office, and Liberals have cried since Dubya has been in office. While I believe Bubba did far more damage to the country than Dubya ever has, I also believe the outsider approach is exactly what we all need now. The Clinton machine is all politics. The republicans have good substance but little by way of charisma and that something that captures people and makes them feel good about their representative. Now some will read this and think what shallow drivel, well my answer to that is, the presidential election is always shallow and always comes down to the drivel. Hell, Hillary cried last week for the votes.

Football - How in the world did the Giants get to the Superbowl? Eli over Peyton? WOW! I know how, it was their front four and Favre succumbing to the cold. That simple. The Superbowl will be good if the Pats keep playing as they have been. However, if the mid season Pats show up we will be treated to a blow out of epic proportions. I commend the Giants for getting there through toughness, much in the same way they did it in 1991 and beat the Bills. Same scenario if ya think about, high powered offense with gaudy numbers against the blue collar-like team with an efficient QB, a stout defense and relying on a running game. And we all remember wide right!

Baseball - Too boring.

Track - indoors is upon us. Fresno was a waste of time and money. 55m? 160m track? Look if you are going to endorse a meet on the west coast then do it right! It was embarrassing to watch that meet online. More athletes than fans. Odd distances that do not correlate to anything. Now we have Boston and the Razorback Invite. 200m banked turns, 60m events and names that have actually done something in the sport. Quality over quantity fellas. I am no fan of indoors but I am looking forward to seeing what my boys can do in their current state. Not really looking for the victory as much as a solid effort with minimal stress out there. Then come on home and keep training.

The weather here is atrocious! Seriously in good old southern Cali we have had rain nonstop for 24 hours and the temperature has not been over 58 degrees in a week. Now to you thick skinned folks not from out here, this means nothing to you. But to us thin blooded left coasters it is down right frigid. And has caused me to cancel practice for 2 days. We did lift though so all is well.

I want to say kudos to my Bruins for bouncing back from that terrible SC loss. And for putting together the best coaching staff in college football. Don't worry, USC we will gloat just as much you have over the past few years. Look for my Bruins to bring home a national trophy soon. You heard it first!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obama for prez?! LOL!
Now I have seen it all!
Welcome to the dark side my friend!
:-)