Saturday, March 15, 2008

DJ's Playlist

So what had happened was....

Bianca Knight looked all world in that 200 yesterday. The young lady will be heard from outdoors. I was impressed.
I was less impressed with the 60s. It was a bit of a let down after watching the 200s get blitzed the night before.

Something on my mind so I will let it out. Why do stars and celebs hide their charity? I know the cookie cutter answers, my question is actually one that is a little deeper. See I listen and watch these folks of means complain about how their "good" works are never talked about but when asked about them they say they do not want their "good" works publicized. Something about it being private and from the good of their heart and they do not want to exploit a good deed for personal gain. ALL OF THE ABOVE IS SELFISH!
If you are about the charity then you of course realize that your name brings attention to a cause you deemed good. You do not focus on the "you" part but on the giving. To say you do not want it public is to keep to yourself and in the end you have cost that cause through omission.
Do not get me wrong, I comment all of you out there doing your utmost for others and giving you free time to those that need you. Just tell us about it so the rest of us know and our aware. I know a few people who are in search of a cause they can get behind and stand behind. A cause they can endorse.

On a lighter note, my son is three. Well my baby boy is three. He is out of control. I dare you to ask or tell him to do something. You will get a frown, and a lengthy pause, and no words. Quite simply the most frustrating thing you will ever experience. I just want to throttle the little man. Has me and my wife running around like 2 black folks screaming and yelling and him crying. I know my neighbors must be tired of us. I do not think he cried this much as a baby. They boy will cry because you asked him to use the bathroom, even though he has been pacing, running, and dancing a jig in the middle of the living room! LOL You should see him, he will start running back and forth but will not go to the toilet. LOL And I will not understand baby logic, I was never like him, he has peed on himself standing at the door of the bathroom all because HE refused to go. That was at day care, and that was the day he went home in wet clothes. It was time for a lesson to be taught, you want to be wet, then stay wet. I am quite comfortable in my DRY underwear.

Do you hear the silence? It is the calm before the storm we call outdoors. I am a little different type of coach, kind old mixed with the new so please understand when I say this to some of you reading. If you are in an event I coach, I am coming for your head. Just want everyone to know what this game is about. I like most of y'all and would love to coach you too, but for now, see you between the lines.

No comments: