Sunday, March 9, 2008

WIC and stuff

Okay so Valencia is over and I am less than hyped. I am more hyped about the couple of 800s I saw run this weekend. My weekend was rendifferous! (borrowed that word from my kids) I set a plan for my athletes and I watched a part fall right into place. That mysterious joy of causing pain i was talking about last time.

So Robles does the Greg Foster. Liu does the Liu. David Oliver lost me a gentleman's bet. Candice Davis almost pulled off the upset of the weekend, instead Lolo set her self as the new face of the US short hurdlers.

Uhm, I thought we were the sprint nation. We got handled this weekend. Congrats to Angie, her road has been long and hard, and it was good to see her get a gold.

Props to Jamall T., he blew the 4x4 wide open.

Now maybe I missed it but Dwain Chambers was not the focus of the meet as feared and he was not a topic once the UKA stopped talking about him.

Isinbayeva is looking vulnerable, the Games will be exciting.

Trivia question, who won the long jump competitions? LOL I will help Nadie Gomes from Portugal jumped 7 meters to win a dramatic and high powered event. On the men's side it was the South African Mokoena.

High five to Allen Johnson for defying father time. And MUCH props for shedding light on the lack of tracks for pro athletes. This is an important issue for the future. While Allen has his own issues involved it does not mean the problem is solely in South Carolina. It is nation wide. Pro coaches are under siege. When one coach says to another coach, your athletes can come out here and train but you cannot coach them, I know we live in the twilight zone.

Meanwhile, I talked to a friend of mine in Texas, Jon Drummond. It snowed this week in Dallas!!! It was 75-80 all week in Los Angeles. I love LA.

Now we get on to the real track season, now we will see the real athletes do their real thing. It is time my fellow track junkies. In 2 weeks it is full blown outdoors, relays everywhere, off event runs, and then we will be in May! I love it.

Hey anyone want to earn a few bucks? I need a P.A.

No comments: