Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Is the sport dirty?

I figured the title would everyone to come running since it seems all we ever hear about is the drugs and the dirt. Welp, this ain't about none of that, I just wanted you all to come reading.

In LA today it was sunny, breezy and 75 degrees. A couple of people are in Valencia, well 3 people are in Valencia. Good luck to all my guys out there, they should bring home 2 individual medals and 2 relay medals. Not bad for something we have not trained for. Sounds cliche but the qmilers did not train at all for this indoor endeavor, just ask them. They begged and pleaded to run the meets they did run. LOL Still want them to win everything they can though.

In the meantime back at the ranch preparations for the assault on Beijing is going according to schedule. I am having a great time training my folks. Even the hard headed ones that pose those coaching "challenges" are good for the soul. Hey, a coach has to have somewhere to vent, right?

So I was thinking what can I write about. I read some other blogs and they tell us all about their day and their training and stuff. Well I am a track nut so my day revolves around track. My wife keeps me involved in the rest of life believe it or not. Her world is not track, matter of fact she fights hard to maintain a balance. I fight hard to make track more a part of my life. We will both succeed in our separate missions, I already know it.
By the way, check out this site, http://www.danversbydesign.com/. Browse, shop, buy and pass the site along. All originals, all made by the artists herself. And there will be more to come soon. As many canvases as she can get her hands on is as many paintings she will deliver.

Quick recap of the world I recognize...
Obama is looking good for the nomination. I like him for his message and not necessarily because I agree with his politics. The presidency is a figure head, a representative of us as a whole. His policies are not his per se, so I am not enamored with the actual topics. I look at a select few because they give me some insight to the person's character and let's me know who they will be while in office. I knew Bush would be a Texas no nonsense person and he was what we needed to restore some fear, respect and order to a world gone bland. And we got it in spades. Now we need a difference maker, someone that brings a different attitude and persona to the country. Hillary is more of the same, we have seen her act for 8 years in the 90's, I am through with the Clinton's, they pissed me off. So I am an Obama man now.

Indoors is upon us. Mike Rogers is the champ and he is talking it up. Go head young boy, make your mark on the scene. I am anxious to see this hurdle race. I think the wr is gone. And Liu is going down. Robles is a beast and I think he will go 7.28. The other hurdlers will duke it out for the remaining places. David Oliver looked good winning in Boston and Allen is Allen. You can never count him out and he is at the point in his career where he just knows where the finish line is. Look for the old guy to get out fast and furious. They will have to out him away believe that. Liu is a bag of tricks. I do not think it is possible to just show up and run sub 7.40, I am not a fan of that game plan.
Who in the world will win the women's 60?

A sign of the times. A 17 year old kid lost his life Sunday night over some nonsense. He was three blocks from home and was shot in cold blood by some Mexican gang members who "set tripped" on him. That means they asked him what gang he was from, he was not affiliated with any gang, they just shot him. The kid was the starting quarterback for his high school, was voted the MVP this past fall of his team and was entertaining offers from colleges. His dad is pissed, says the boy was a good kid that never caused them any trouble. His mom? His mom is in Iraq fighting a real battle, while 2 punk bitches (excuse my language) shot her son in the street at home. I have wondered it since I was little and I wonder about it now, what is missing in your courage when you shoot an unarmed person for no damn reason.
When they catch them I do not want them to get the death penalty. I have a new punishment we should enlist, it is called one thousand ass whoopin's. Tie them up, and leave them in a room with the family members of the victim. rubber hoses, leather belts, switches, extension cords, bamboo shoots, whips, and brass knuckles. One rule in the room, do not kill them. Keep a doctor near by to make sure we have consciousness and good health. Once a day, for a thousand days we have this going on. Can you imagine? All that pain and anger and you get to take it out on the people that caused it. Aw man I would volunteer for the family. Just give me the rubber hose so I can beat that ass all day!

On a more positive note I will close. I will share with you all something I carry with me always, and I am learning how to do. Lean not on your own understanding but trust in him in all your ways... Know that what you have asked for is already done and live that way. When you ask yourself why you are doing what you are doing at, remember that what you have asked for is already done. Smile and bring energy to the world, and watch your surroundings transform and your prayers manifest.
Love

No comments: