Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

On this day faith was tested and measured and forged!

Since last I spoke a lot has happened.

Bianca Knight is pro. Good luck lil one. She set a precedent for track and field. She and her mother set out to run fast and go pro, similar to a football or basketball player in college. I have definite doubts about this path being effective in the current state of the sport but I am excited by the move. On the business side of things it lets me know the kids see this as a viable path to monetary success. And like it or not that is what entertainment is about and one of the main driving forces behind pro sports dollars. When the athletes start pushing the economy the dollars will start to flow with regularity.
The secondary effect in this is the benefit to my profession, coaching. The shoes companies are willing to pay these kids then they have to start paying the people that train them to produce. It is a matter of time now. They are paying the young ones on potential and it is proven that certain coaches have a system that produces consistently.
Now here is the rub, do your shoe dollars dictate movement? In business promotions come with relocating. Right now the athletes think they can have the dollars and stay home with mommie near by never having to move. Completely unrealistic.

On the track I will confess my people have started competing. Nothing in their pet events though. It has been fun just going to meets with no pressure or expectations. Running new events to see what they can do and how the training is translating. This week in particular has been an adventure. Never have I worked so much for so many days in a week. Time for a mini break. Rest is a part of training too.

The political landscape is off the charts now. For a few days I was seeing doom for Barack and then I read the actual context of some of Wright's words and the farce is up. He was quoting someone else in some of the most inflammatory remarks. Damn shame what the media can do. I being the conservative gentleman that I am it is difficult to watch the right wing attack unwarranted on this. The game is now completely corrupt like never before. I knew Barack would have to eventually fight and here we are. now we will see if he is tough enough to lead this country in the future.

Bless you all. I will start blogging less as the season gets going. I am too tempted to talk trash LOL. See you all on the chitlin' circuit.

No comments: