Monday, March 24, 2008

Life happens!

So I am at the meet this week and few things go down to remind me that "life happens"!

Great race in the short hurdles, 2 women running step for step when uh oh, off balance and smash hit the hurdle and one gets V and the other gets DQ. As I said to my athlete it is a hurdle race, hitting them is a part of the race.
The second was more dramatic. Old time coach is caught slipping, walks across the track and WHAM! sprinter takes him out doing blow outs. Watched the coach get carted off the track on a stretcher. Life happens!
Oh and the meet was an hour behind. I think I mentioned that in my last post.

So I find out Xavier Carter has put down a nice lead off leg on a 4x4 down in Miami in the rain. 45.6 is the reported split. Whatever it is I am glad to see the moles start to come out of the holes and run.
Asafa Powell has continued his busy season with an easy 4x1 anchor that is reported to have melted the track under his feet.
Walter Dix runs a 45.2 relay leg. Impressive.
VaTech breaks out the outdoor season with two young ladies in the 12.8 range.
David Oliver opens the sticks with 13.33!
I love track.

Meanwhile in the world the Bruins survive the first weekend and have the mandatory close call that all championship teams have to go through.
The Lakers are playing steady and gearing up for the playoff push. Kobe is the MVP anything else is Memorex!
Baseball season is coming, someone shoot me now!
Is it football season yet?
And lastly why do all my friends, all two of them live in Texas?!

No comments: